• OzzModz is no longer taking registrations. All registrations are being redirected to Snog's Site
    All addons and support is available there now.

Right side block

BigBoy

Hey ozzy how did you get the users profile block on the right side when the user is viewing the forum?

see SS

Thanks

As discussed in another thread, that was done with manual template edit(s) for this style, which itself is a port of a vB3.8 style, customized to work here.

Style name is "Heavy Metal" for v3.8 and is still available at vBorg. Our custom version of it as used here at OzzModz, isn't available.

Thanks Max
It was quite a education for me personally, when I decided to port a v3.8 style of mine to work in v4.2.2. Of course it wasn't this one, Ozzy did this one we use here all on his own and did it the manual way, before vB gave us the tools to make it alot easier.

I say this style isn't available for release but that doesn't mean Ozzy might not release it some day. He very well might and might even be talked into trying to make the "double postbit" like you see here, into a Mod. Problem with that of course is, all the varying ways different style scripts handle postbit. Makes it almost impossible to code a XML to make this work on all styles.

Last edited:
Indeed sir, I have only started playing with VB in the last few months learning how it works and stuff but i love it - I have tried many different styles and mods and have found this site to be one of the best for mods and addons, I did have a dark style on my site but alot of things you could not see or read so i decided to go with a light style, that being said im just tweaking and playing with it.

The double postbit is for sure a nice touch.

keep up the nice work guys.

Yeah it is alot of work to get the postbit like that. Many manual template edits, as well ad edits to modifications that add info into the postbit.

Indeed sir, I have only started playing with VB in the last few months learning how it works and stuff but i love it - I have tried many different styles and mods and have found this site to be one of the best for mods and addons, I did have a dark style on my site but alot of things you could not see or read so i decided to go with a light style, that being said im just tweaking and playing with it.

The double postbit is for sure a nice touch.

keep up the nice work guys.
The v3.8 style I ported to v4.2 can be seen here:

Dallas Cowboys Universe - Powered by Dallas Cowboys Fans

Nice work man, the banner i have on my site is to long - when i go to Firefox its off but on chrome it looks fine, yours looks good all the way across.

so you guys are VB experts :)

Back