• OzzModz is no longer taking registrations. All registrations are being redirected to Snog's Site
    All addons and support is available there now.

Server Load After Upgrade

EasyEazy

Just a question to you guys who know what your doing. After an upgrade from 4.1.1 to the lastest version 4.2.2 I have notcied the server load in the ACP is much higher.

0.42 0.67 0.57 | 14 Users Online (14 members and 0 guests)

Is what im getting and on various occasions that moves to 2.00. I got a good VPS but my concern was that on the old version id be looking at 0.10 to 0.30 most times even with say 20 members online.

Is that suppose to be like that? IE does the new version of VB add extra load etc? I know I haver blogs running now which wasn't an option in 4.1.1

Any info is appreciated guys.

I would check your settings and make sure everything is set correctly. Then perhaps check your server logs and see what is being accessed, and slowing things down.

I would check your settings and make sure everything is set correctly. Then perhaps check your server logs and see what is being accessed, and slowing things down.

Checked both of those and nothing seems out of the ordinary Ozzy.

This is now starting to drive me crazy.

I cannot pin point what is slowing the forum down after the upgrade. Its not users as I can hold up to 18 with the same load as 5/6 just every now and again the server load go up to like 2.00

Could someone either run through the options on how to pin point whats causing this or ill gladly look to chuck a few quid towards someone who can help.

Thanks

I would start by disabling all mods, and watch the load for a few hours and see if it drops.

To do that open your includes/config.php file and below <?php add the following.

PHP:
define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

So it looks like this:
PHP:
<?php
/*=================================================  =====================*\
|| ##################################################  ################## ||
|| # vBulletin 4.2.2

Use a editor like notepad++ to edit any files, don't use Notepad or Wordpad.

If that fixes the issue enable plugins again by adding // before the line you added, then navigate to ACP --> Plugins & Products --> Manage Products and disable one mod at a time until you find the one causing the issue.

Once you find the culprit, post in that mods thread what the issue is, and maybe someone in that thread can help. :)

I would start by disabling all mods, and watch the load for a few hours and see if it drops.

To do that open your includes/config.php file and below <?php add the following.

PHP:

So it looks like this:
PHP:
<?php
/*=================================================  =====================*\
|| ##################################################  ################## ||
|| # vBulletin 4.2.2

Use a editor like notepad++ to edit any files, don't use Notepad or Wordpad.

If that fixes the issue enable plugins again by adding // before the line you added, then navigate to ACP --> Plugins & Products --> Manage Products and disable one mod at a time until you find the one causing the issue.

Once you find the culprit, post in that mods thread what the issue is, and maybe someone in that thread can help. :)

as we are live and in the middle of a season is it not possible to find out another way ozzy?

Ask your host what the issues are. They should be able to tell you what process are slowing down and increasing load.

Back