• OzzModz is no longer taking registrations. All registrations are being redirected to Snog's Site
    All addons and support is available there now.

Spaminator Update

EasyEazy

Was intrigued by this thread till it got shut down on vb.org

Just wanted to know how it's going or if Im not allowed to ask the you can spank me and close the thread ;)

We're stalled on the human spammer blocking part of it. Lots of moving parts in that one and we're yet to get it all worked out. However it works so well where we have it installed, (Not here at Ozz though) I am able to allow guest posting and still, get no spam. Plus we have also been adding more toys to the main part of the product, the bot stopper. We're well over 20,000 bot registrations stopped on the five test sites, with exactly zero bot successes.

This isn't vBorg, we don't shut down discussion here or discourage any questions. There is freedom here. We welcome questions and discussion. Feel free.

We're stalled on the human spammer blocking part of it. Lots of moving parts in that one and we're yet to get it all worked out. However it works so well where we have it installed, (Not here at Ozz though) I am able to allow guest posting and still, get no spam. Plus we have also been adding more toys to the main part of the product, the bot stopper. We're well over 20,000 bot registrations stopped on the five test sites, with exactly zero bot successes.

This isn't vBorg, we don't shut down discussion here or discourage any questions. There is freedom here. We welcome questions and discussion. Feel free.

Dam and there was me hoping for a spanking.

Sounds good though with some great progress made. Just how long you been working on it?

Dam and there was me hoping for a spanking.

Sounds good though with some great progress made. Just how long you been working on it?
Well... It took me well over a year and many many discussions and chats, to get [MENTION=1]Ozzy47[/MENTION] moving on it. He didn't get excited about it until we came upon the unique approach it uses and it became a intellectual puzzle for him. So after about three days of nonstop, no sleep no eat no breaks coding, he came up with the first test version of part 1 and it's been in operation about two months is all. And he continues to add to it.

Part 2 of it (the human part) is actually one I have been using for two years now on one of my own sites.

So the genesis of this is at least two years in the making, but it wasn't until Ozzy decided to pounce that it started becoming reality. There's no way this would exist without Ozzy, because he is one of the very few people I have ever met online who shares my no compromise, hard line militant beliefs about stopping spam. Nobody else would have tried to code something like this, in fact they most likely would have written it all off as pie in the sky.

But it ain't.

Well... It took me well over a year and many many discussions and chats, to get [MENTION=1]Ozzy47[/MENTION] moving on it. He didn't get excited about it until we came upon the unique approach it uses and it became a intellectual puzzle for him. So after about three days of nonstop, no sleep no eat no breaks coding, he came up with the first test version of part 1 and it's been in operation about two months is all. And he continues to add to it.

Part 2 of it (the human part) is actually one I have been using for two years now on one of my own sites.

So the genesis of this is at least two years in the making, but it wasn't until Ozzy decided to pounce that it started becoming reality. There's no way this would exist without Ozzy, because he is one of the very few people I have ever met online who shares my no compromise, hard line militant beliefs about stopping spam. Nobody else would have tried to code something like this, in fact they most likely would have written it all off as pie in the sky.

But it ain't.

Again sounds great. Once you iron out this issue then you good to release the mod or is there other parts your planning? Also be nice to use this thread or one you set up to keep us updated.

Again sounds great. Once you iron out this issue then you good to release the mod or is there other parts your planning? Also be nice to use this thread or one you set up to keep us updated.
We're not sure at this point if we are going to even use the human part of it initially. It might come in as a major update to the first release, if at all. But when The Spaminator IS released it will be released here at Ozz exclusively, so definitely stay tuned. Part 1 of it is pretty much ready, just being held up by the work left to do on the human part.

And I am still taking volunteers for the testing. If interested, PM me with details of your site (URL) and a list of all anti-spam stuff you use both native and add-on. There is NO timetable yet, for adding the testers however, I am merely collecting candidates at this point and Ozzy decides who the actual testers will be.

I'll post updates here in your thread.

As Of March 14 2015 Total Bots Blocked By OzzModz Spaminator Across Five Sites: 31,165

Successful bot registrations: 0

Is this up for download or testing i did not see it anywhere.
It's not available yet, we are beta testing it on six sites. Here, two of my sites, and three others.

You should ask Ozzy for the Dev, so you can turn off SoM.

It's not available yet, we are beta testing it on six sites. Here, two of my sites, and three others.

You should ask Ozzy for the Dev, so you can turn off SoM.

I already turned it off and thanks for the heads up............I would test it on my site no problem.

I already turned it off and thanks for the heads up............I would test it on my site no problem.
SoM is okay.... Only just. I'm not knocking it - Ozzy and I object to any anti-spam measure that has any capability or propensity to block or even interfere with, legitimate people.

I agree - I will just monitor until you guys release yours.

I will toss you guys a donation as well.:whoo:

Back