• OzzModz is no longer taking registrations. All registrations are being redirected to Snog's Site
    All addons and support is available there now.

Trump says his Obama as ISIS founder comment 'sarcasm'

Luke Skywalker

Super Moderator
{vb:raw ozzmodz_postquote}:
xEmbed

xShare

At a Donald Trump rally in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, supporters cheered when Trump said President Obama founded the Islamic State with Hillary Clinton. USA TODAY NETWORK

Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump has raised eyebrows the last couple of days with his repeated assertions that President Obama founded the Islamic State.
Trump has also labeled his Democratic opponent, Hillary Clinton, as "co-founder" or "Most Valuable Player" of the terror group, which is also known as ISIS or ISIL.
USA TODAY
Trump seeks to brand Obama as ISIS 'founder'

That, of course, isn't true<span style="color: Red;">*</span>— Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi is thought of as the founder and leader of the current version of the<span style="color: Red;">*</span>Islamic State<span style="color: Red;">*</span>— and Friday morning, Trump blasted CNN (and presumably, by extension, other media outlets and critics) for not discerning his "sarcasm."
In a tweet, the GOP nominee said, "Ratings challenged @CNN reports so seriously that I call President Obama (and Clinton) 'the founder' of ISIS, & MVP." He added (in all caps): "THEY DON'T GET SARCASM?"
As recently as Thursday, however, Trump's sarcasm was not exactly readily apparent. In an interview with radio host Hugh Hewitt, the real estate mogul was asked about his comments and whether he actually meant that Obama "created the vacuum, he lost the peace," which created the conditions in which the Islamic State could emerge.
"No, I meant he’s the founder of ISIS," Trump told Hewitt. "I do."
In a follow-up tweet Friday morning that may have also been<span style="color: Red;">*</span>related to the recent controversy, Trump hit media personalities who were "working so hard and so seriously to try and figure me out."
"They can't!" he added.
I love watching these poor, pathetic people (pundits) on television working so hard and so seriously to try and figure me out. They can't!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) August 12, 2016