• OzzModz is no longer taking registrations. All registrations are being redirected to Snog's Site
    All addons and support is available there now.

Where to find it?

EasyEazy

Looking for a bit of help here. I hate to pester people all the time and love to learn about how vb works. One for the questions I always ask is how to find and change the colour of a template or font on a template.

I usually right click and inspect with firefox but that can be hit and miss unless im using it incorrectly. Can someone please provide me with either a walkthrough or tips on how its done. Things like how to find which part of the file or stylevar to edit etc.

Thanks in advance

I inspect the element with firebug, find the correct CSS class, so lets say, .postbitlegacy .userinfo

Then I do a search in the templates for that, it will be in CSS templates. Once I find it, I see which stylevar they are using there.

For example, whan I look at the postbit with firebug I get this.

Code:
.postbitlegacy .userinfo {
    background: url("http://ozzmodz.com/images/Styles/OzzyMetal/gradients/body_bg.png") repeat scroll 0 0 rgb(74, 74, 74);
    clear: both;
    display: block;
    float: left;
    font-size: 12px;
    padding: 2px 10px 5px;
    position: relative;
    width: 180px;
}

As you can see, everything is defined, no stylevars. Now I search in the templates for .postbitlegacy .userinfo, and in the postbit.css template I see this.

Code:
.postbitlegacy .userinfo {
    float:{vb:stylevar left};
    position: relative;
    width:{vb:math {vb:stylevar postbitlegacy_userinfo_width}-{vb:math {vb:stylevar padding}*2}}; 
    padding: 2px {vb:stylevar padding} {vb:math {vb:stylevar padding}/2};
    font-size: {vb:stylevar small_fontSize};
    display:block;
        background: {vb:stylevar postbit_userinfo_background};
    clear:both;
}

Back