Directly from your admin control panel
In addition to the usual bug fixes and improvements, there is a database schema change which, in some circumstances, may take time to perform. If you are running a version of MySQL below 5.7 (or equivalent) and have a particularly large xf_thread table (several million records) then we recommend performing a CLI upgrade.
Some of the changes in XF 2.2.3 include:
- When sticking/unsticking the header, ensure that child controls are updated correctly.
- Prevent text overflow with unbroken character strings when using when using the article forum preview display.
- Ensure that the article cover image notice appears using the correct row styling and only in situations where it's potentially relevant.
- Fix PHP 8 compatibility issue relating to push notifications.
- Fetch the list of unviewable forums more efficiently when searching.
- Adjust the wording of the allowed attachment file extensions option to be clearer.
- Prevent an error if a thread shown in an article preview forum is missing the first post relationship.
- Remove superfluous curly brace in poll_macros template.
- Rename the "Spin box" phrase to "Number box".
- Fix N+1 query issues when viewing article forums.
- Fix typo in the "Editor background when focused" phrase.
- Ensure content types are phrased when displayed in the spam trigger log.
- Fix N+1 query issues when viewing attempting to find new profile posts.
- With development mode enabled, ensure we load the unminified version of the select2 library.
- When viewing a full page list of reactions for a profile post comment, ensure the breadcrumbs array is correctly formed and relevant.
- Change phrase edit fields to be normal text fields to workaround an issue with some devices accessing particular punctuation or characters.
- Ensure that line breaks within inline code blocks are not doubled.
- Optimize marking multiple forums read at once.
- Ensure that CLI requests receive reasonable request path values (for URL generation purposes)
- Adjust the "expanded articles per page" wording to be clearer that it applies to preview and expanded article forum views.
- Extend handling of pasting content from the Edge address bar to ensure only the URL portion is pasted.
- Correctly display a message when a suggestion has been closed (similar to when a suggestion has been implemented).
- Prevent an error from a race condition related to search forum cache generation.
- Display an icon for search forums when displayed in a sub-forum dropdown.
- Do not require full user management permissions for username autocompletion in the control panel.
- Prevent a JS error when using select-to-quote on a code tag.
- When autocompleting a username, maintain the highlighted component when escaped characters are used.
- For API actions that require guests to have a username specified (like posting a message), allow this to be globally set via the api_guest_username parameter
- Protect against a division by zero error when running jobs/cache rebuilds.
- Improve video validation for a specific type of MP4 video file.
- Ensure that when building URLs to the external data directory, we always build the URL relative to the root XF directory.
- Fix a situation where Safari would redirect to the service worker JS file.
- Prevent Safari from scrolling to the bottom of the page when autofocusing an input within a menu.
- Fix inconsistent behavior when parsing image tags and the base URL when importing from IPS.
- Expand the allowed format for StopForumSpam API keys.
- Tweak the labels on the account privacy page for more consistency.
- Increase the length of the discussion_type field for threads to account for long thread type IDs.
- Fix a typo in class name on the forum filters popup
- Adjust the description for the "Maximum expandable BB code block height" style property to better illustrate its behaviour.
- If the Clipboard API isn't available (due to lack of HTTPS for example), ensure "Copy to clipboard" buttons are hidden
- Ensure the mobile navigation trigger has an accessible name
- Use findRelativeIf within XF.Nestable to find inputs
- Fix phrase params with profile post and profile post comment content titles
- If the GIPHY API returns an error, don't throw an exception and instead return a prettier error message.
- Allow custom statement descriptors to be set for Stripe payment profiles.
The following public templates have had changes:
As always, new releases of XenForo are free to download for all customers with active licenses. You may now upgrade from your admin control panel or grab the new version from the customer area.
Please note that XenForo 2.2 has higher system requirements than earlier versions.
The following are minimum requirements:
- PHP 7.0 or newer (PHP 7.4 recommended)
- MySQL 5.5 and newer (Also compatible with MariaDB/Percona etc.)
- All of the official add-ons require XenForo 2.2.
- Enhanced Search requires at least Elasticsearch 2.0.
Installation and upgrade instructions
Full details of how to install and upgrade XenForo can be found in the XenForo 2 Manual. We strongly recommend upgrading directly from within your control panel.
Reactions: Num7, Pereira, ReneS and 34 others
There is no better platform upon which to grow your community.
Engage your customers with the premium community experience.
- Reaction score
Shortly after releasing 2.2.3, we became aware of a small number of minor issues which we have now rectified in XenForo 2.2.3 Patch 1:
- Avoid errors during upgrade due to the addition of two new XF\Request object methods.
- Removal of some internal add-on files which were not removed from the 2.2.3 download package.
- Improve PHP 8.0 compatibility if performing a fresh install using the CLI.
You may now upgrade from your admin control panel or grab the new version from the customer area.
Reactions: enderG, mkucuksari, wedgar and 14 others