This release changes the default CAPTCHA method from reCAPTCHA to hCaptcha. If you were using the default CAPTCHA settings, you will automatically be switched over to hCaptcha. If you provided your own reCAPTCHA keys or chose a different CAPTCHA method, your existing CAPTCHA settings will be retained. If you are unable to upgrade to this release, you may need to change CAPTCHA settings to avoid disruption. Please see our separate CAPTCHA changes announcement.
Directly from your admin control panel
Some of the changes in XF 2.2.5 include:
- Bail out of Less color parsing if we already have a valid-CSS color.
- Adjust Request::isHostLocal to only return true for loopback addresses (and add a further explanation about its intended usage).
- Ensure that HTML is not shown in node bookmark descriptions.
- Improve checks that control whether a user's "about" section is shown.
- Do not require a custom statement descriptor when setting up Stripe, unless we can't derive a valid descriptor automatically.
- Ensure that clicking "open link" in the RTE always opens the link in a new tab.
- In the RTE, maintain single leading spaces on new lines (particularly for code blocks).
- Fix faded out text display in article previews in RTL languages.
- Ensure that all pending rebuilds are triggered before asking about statistic collection when upgrading via the CLI.
- Allow embedded attachments with a height resize only to maintain the correct aspect ratio.
- Prevent a JS error related to app badge updates if the input value isn't the expected type.
- Ensure that user ignore caches are rebuilt correctly when merging users.
- Change the thread type selector to reduce the amount of wasted space on mobile and flip to a horizontally scrollable system when needed.
- Support additional phrase modifiers in option format parameters.
- When encountering a SMTP server error while sending email, attempt to establish a fresh connection before sending any further messages.
- Prevent an error when deleting a user if they have voted for content that relates to a disabled add-on.
- Use an alternative reCaptcha URL to ensure better availability.
- Check the correct scope when marking alerts as read via the API.
- Improve accessibility of radio and checkbox rows using ARIA roles.
- When editing custom field values, ensure that labels are associated with the related input for accessibility purposes.
- Ensure that inputs are associated with their labels whenever possible to improve accessibility of certain forms.
- Fix performance regression with emoji conversion and skip emoji conversion code entirely if using natively-styled emoji.
- Only skip spam cleaning via the approval queue if the user was spam cleaned recently.
- Do not cache the edit tags overlay to workaround an issue with tags duplicating in the tags editor.
- Add missing phrase for 'x_weeks' and fix issue with time based phrases not displaying the correct count.
- Limit the width of embedded Facebook content to be consistent with other embeds.
- Reduce peak memory usage when executing certain template/phrase rebuild jobs.
- Correctly handle errors when inlining CSS into emails with PHP 8.
The following public templates have had changes:
As always, new releases of XenForo are free to download for all customers with active licenses. You may now upgrade from your admin control panel or grab the new version from the customer area.
Current requirementsPlease note that XenForo 2.2 has higher system requirements than earlier versions.
The following are minimum requirements:
- PHP 7.0 or newer (PHP 8.0 recommended)
- MySQL 5.5 and newer (Also compatible with MariaDB/Percona etc.)
- All of the official add-ons require XenForo 2.2.
- Enhanced Search requires at least Elasticsearch 2.0.
Installation and upgrade instructionsFull details of how to install and upgrade XenForo can be found in the XenForo 2 Manual. We strongly recommend upgrading directly from within your control panel.
Reactions: HotRodCarts, Black Tiger, Mike Fara and 21 others
There is no better platform upon which to grow your community.
Engage your customers with the premium community experience.
- Reaction score
XenForo Importers 1.5.0 ReleasedXenForo Importers 1.5.0 is now available for all licensed customers to download. If you have already successfully completed your import, you will not need to upgrade.
XenForo Importers 1.5.0 introduces a new importer to the suite of existing importers. Namely, Discourse! If you're thinking of joining XenForo but you're currently running your community on Discourse 2.0 or above, please try out our new beta Discourse importer and let us know how you get on.
Directly from your admin control panel
XenForo Importers requires XenForo 2.2.5 or later.
Installation, upgrading and configurationPlease see our XenForo Importers manual page for more information about importing.
Reactions: Abraham54, ReneS, Blackbeard and 3 others