• OzzModz is no longer taking registrations. All registrations are being redirected to Snog's Site
    All addons and support is available there now.

Help if I can

It CAN now... Is the point.

I know right? I have only had ONE cup of coffee! :lol:

I need to go to the house and get my first one but it's really nasty out there so I'm going to wait just a bit. I'm in my radio shack, it's about 25 ft from the house.

I need to go to the house and get my first one but it's really nasty out there so I'm going to wait just a bit. I'm in my radio shack, it's about 25 ft from the house.
Here's what I'm looking at, out my window:

myimagehost

Radio shack huh? Are you a Ham operator?

PLEASE tell me you went to the link, and took a good look at your header on my forum? All that work and no review or rebuke? :pound:

I'm sitting at about 3200 feet above sea level here myself!

I'm only at 1400 ft. asl looking out onto 950 ft. asl all around. Lexington, KY. is 40 miles north of me and at night I can see the lights of the buildings in downtown there. The biggest problem with living on a hill top is access in the winter.

I'm only at 1400 ft. asl looking out onto 950 ft. asl all around. Lexington, KY. is 40 miles north of me and at night I can see the lights of the buildings in downtown there. The biggest problem with living on a hill top is access in the winter.
I'm on a table flat, plateau.

Gary I think you may have missed this:

All those points are valid. However the scaling with single image is meant for fluid width only, for people who want the header to be fluid width to match their tables, as explained in the thread about it. Until now this could not be done without using multiple images to accomplish the result. Problem with that tried and true technique is, the images stack on top of one another on small screens. With this little trick, it doesn't.

I took the liberty of putting this header image on one of my styles that looks very similar to Avenger style as a example, here:

Technique style on my board

If you shrink the width of your browser while viewing this, you'll see what I am talking about. header and tables are all 100% fluid width and there is no stacking or wrapping possible.

It's just another design tool for the toolbox, it's not meant for everything we do. Problem is, I still don't know if it works in v4 or how to accomplish it there.

(By the way, that TOTAL KB load of that entire page is only 110KB. Entire page is smaller than your one PNG header image.)

PLEASE tell me you went to the link, and took a good look at your header on my forum? All that work and no review or rebuke? :pound:

Yes I did but, I would have replied that css is not required to achieve the the same effect. It would be a little more involved but would do the same.
I'd like to see that, and see it actually work across all browsers, mobile too. :yo:

I'd like to see that, and see it actually work across all browsers, mobile too. :yo:

When I was building pure html site's there were really only two browsers to worry about, ie and ns. I couldn't tell ya about now.

added later...

I don't want you to think I'm degrading your idea. In this farely new world of css I've no clue what is required. I've just been stating that I can accomplish the same thing using html :heh:

Last edited:
The header you placed on that site looks really good, a little to large but looks good.
The fun part is to reduce your browser width and watch the image scale correctly in real time, watch it scale down to even the smallest mobile browser size.

Back