• OzzModz is no longer taking registrations. All registrations are being redirected to Snog's Site
    All addons and support is available there now.

[OzzModz] Add As Friend In Postbit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozzy47

Administrator
Another mod brought to you by,

This is just a small mod, that will allow you to show a Add As Friend button in the postbit.
This mod may increase participation on your site, as users become more familiar with the friends system. As their friend base grows, they may be more willing to return.

It is a simple installation, upload the contents of the upload folder and import the product XML, product-ozzmodz_addfriend_postbit

You can edit the options under the settings, [OzzModz] Add As Friend In Postbit Settings

Complete Feature List

Option to disable the mod completely.
Option to choose which usergroups can see the buttons.
Option to select one of seven different locations in the postbit to display the buttons.
Above Every Post Container = Above every post on the page.
User Info Left = Below the users title.
User Info Right After Posts = After the post count in the postbit.
User Info Right = Above the instant messenger icons.
Message Area Start = In the post container above the posts.
Signature Start = Above the signature.
Signature End = Below the signature.
Postbit Controls Area = Before the IP icon and the Report post icons.
Option to set the path and image name to the image you want to use for the add friend button.
Option to set the path and image name to the image you want to use for the is friend button.

First screenshot is how it looks in the postbit control area, second is how it looks in the postbit, third is of the settings.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please remember to click the, {vb:raw mark_as_installed_image} button to the right if you installed the mod ---->

What does 'Marking As Installed' do ?

* It helps you to stay on top of updates - members who have installed modifications will be notified whenever new updates are available.

* For security issues - OzzModz.com will contact all members who have installed a modification whenever a security issue is brought to our attention.

* Marking a modification as installed also helps me know how many people are using my work, giving me extra incentive to provide more features and new modifications.

I appreciate the support!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

v1.0.0 Initial Release

v1.0.1 Fixed some issues.

Fixed the issue wit the images not showing in some spots.
Fixed a issue if you choose, Above Every Post Container = Above every post on the page, that the images would all display at the top of the page.

RE: Version 1.0.1

Nice touch :D [MENTION=1]Ozzy47[/MENTION] how do you add this in the thanks/likes area? Like you have here.

RE: Version 1.0.1

Just noticed in the Postbit Controls Area of private messaging the icon doesn't change from 'add friend' to 'is friend'

No big deal just thought I'd mention it

Downloaded,installed and setup using Postbit Control Area and nothing shows................any ideas?

Hiya Oz,

Any reason why I may need to run any queries to get this mod working? Everything installed but not showing in default or custom style....image paths are right, but can't seem to get it to show up in any of the areas....thought I would ask....

Thank you for the help!

Have you tried on a unmodified default style?
Have you tried with all mods disabled?
Have you tried all possible locations?
What vB version and PHP version are you running?

Have you tried on a unmodified default style?
Have you tried with all mods disabled?
Have you tried all possible locations?
What vB version and PHP version are you running?

Yes on default unmodified
Will try with mods disabled
Yes on all locations
4.2.1 & 5.328

Thank you ozzy!

Try using baby powder. :pound:

lmbo....powdered up and disabled them.....still nothing. Short of running a query of some sort, I'm at a loss. My default theme is unmodded except for a couple color changes I've made this week, no template mods at all.

I'm almost certainly missing something here, can I send you some login dt's? Do you have another method for collecting support funds? I hate Paypal, stopped using them years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back