• OzzModz is no longer taking registrations. All registrations are being redirected to Snog's Site
    All addons and support is available there now.

Would this be possible or not?

Yeah, if the guy is a spammer, he sure isn't going to be satisfied with sending it to just one member. I would just ban the guy. There are more and better members than him just around the corner. I don't see any advantage to collecting his spam when it's easy enough to ban him.

I've worked adult sites. I know the "clientele." There is so much more going on at a site like that, not the least of which is the special security involved so your members feel safe. You leave a guy like that stay on your site and other, better members will leave. It won't matter that you are diverting his PMs, just the fact that he's on site, visible in either forum posts or in the who's online or member list, you will lose members. Bad actors on an adult site need to go away. Period. And if your members find out you can waylay PMs, how would you convince them you would never do that to them? Some just won't believe you.

I think you are just making this too difficult. Kick his ass out. Be free of him.

Again, just my opinion.

Jim
Banning and even outright IP blocking are simple to circumvent today. Stealth moderation of spammers has a use - the spammer thinks he is accomplishing his task and therefore you're not in a ban war with him. This times, however many PM spammers you have.

But the other side of the pancake you present is just as useful.

This is like alot of mods you see out there - some may want it, most might not.

I think this mod might be alot more simple to accomplish if no PM is sent at all, except to the spammer's "sent items" folder. Of course, with this there should be no 'gotcha' message, only the default dialog you get when sending a PM.

I smell a usergroup for this, with a mod that adds this option in the usergroup manager. Makes this alot more like "Tachy goes to Coventry" except it's for PMs.

Actually now that I re-read te OP, it would not be that hard to do it to all PM's a user sends.

Upon submitting the PM, check the userid, and if it is in the list ( controlled via a setting in the ACP ), sent the PM to a admin, or store it in the DB, so you can view them all from the ACP.

Actually now that I re-read te OP, it would not be that hard to do it to all PM's a user sends.

Upon submitting the PM, check the userid, and if it is in the list ( controlled via a setting in the ACP ), sent the PM to a admin, or store it in the DB, so you can view them all from the ACP.
I might even ask for autoflagging all PMs that contain URLs, for the first 20 posts, amount of posts settable in this Mod so he can actually catch the poachers or spammers for purpose of adding their userid to the list and once they are on the list their post count doesn't matter.

Yes, all the PMs the one user sends would not go to whoever he sends to, he wouldn't know this as it would to him show it's been sent to the user, but in fact it has been sent to me.

So can this be done do you think ozzy?

I think this mod might be alot more simple to accomplish if no PM is sent at all, except to the spammer's "sent items" folder. Of course, with this there should be no 'gotcha' message, only the default dialog you get when sending a PM.

I smell a usergroup for this, with a mod that adds this option in the usergroup manager. Makes this alot more like "Tachy goes to Coventry" except it's for PMs.

I love that idea, i don't really need to read the PMs all I want is that this member thinks he is sending the PMs but really they just done make it to the member he's sending it to.

btw, yes I know this member is sending spam PMs

Yes, all the PMs the one user sends would not go to whoever he sends to, he wouldn't know this as it would to him show it's been sent to the user, but in fact it has been sent to me.

So can this be done do you think ozzy?

I will look into it as time allows. :)

Back