• OzzModz is no longer taking registrations. All registrations are being redirected to Snog's Site
    All addons and support is available there now.

A little advice

jjohns12

Would everyone just take a look at my forum and see about ease of use site flow etc. Would like to know if it is confusing easy to navigate for a new user and would you stay to become a member or just go. I do suck with graphics so don't expect much there. I do understand i need more content but it seems imposable to get people posting unless i am giving away something.

Check it out at http://www.eastcoastsurfcasters.com/forums/ all opinions Welcome! :)

Thanks everyone!

I like the fishie for sign-up and the header logo. Other than that it's just a default vBulletin 4 style. But it looks clean, not garish or offensive. I dig the custom footer too.

It's tough to get a message board started today, it really really is.

Last edited:
It's not on mine, and I checked on the latest builds of FF IE Chrome and IceDragon.

Also where is this server located, the site loads slow for me. About a 6 second page load, http://gtmetrix.com/

Below is a screenshot of what I see.

Content looks good the default style is ok but you need variety that is a fixed style a fluid would be a lot better especially for bigger screens i can see why others are saying to center it cause i have a bigger screen but i would make it fluid

That IS a fluid style but the fishie in lower right corner pushes the tables left in full screen, giving the illusion of the tables not being centered and perhaps the illusion of a fixed template.

myimagehost

WOW getting of issues i did not know about could you please take a look know I had a max_width set and put it back to auto. As page speed goes wow thats slow :( from that link you gave but again in any browser i try load is good?

Please check that fish should hover over page.

Thanks all for taking a look!

Last edited:
I dont know the location of the server but is hosted by bluehost and will look into location. I have had a quite a bit of down time with server crashes over the past month.

Width should be 100% and I imagine it is.

The way you had the fishy coded in was throwing off the forumhome table.

That's a bit high for what you are getting. I would be willing to bet they are overselling the server.

Back