• OzzModz is no longer taking registrations. All registrations are being redirected to Snog's Site
    All addons and support is available there now.

The Era Of Big Spam Is Over.

Hi there,
I have installed all the mods listed and I have also SoM.
But many users are saying that when they try to register and they click on a confirmation email to confirm the registration, the system say to them that them are banned.

What to do???
None of the mods recommended here actually allow a account to be created when the check fails, therefore no email would be sent. Turn off SoM, you no longer need it anyway - and see if this issue stops.

Great guys. Many thanks for your support. ;)
In the end I found out that was the I hadn't specified the file name setted for the "rename register.php" mod in the the activateaccount and activateaccount_change (Email-Frases) setted inside the mod.
Now that I have changed the old register.php with the new one there all is working great. ;)
Thanks for the tip of these mods and for your support. ;)

Ops...
Is there a problem.. :(
When a user try to register it come out up the page this error: Warning: stristr(): Empty delimiter in ..../rrrrrrrregister.php(85) : eval()'d code on line 50
and the page is visualized in this way:

View attachment 516

I have tried to disable the 2 plugin you say but nothing change.

I have also noted that when I click on the "Registration" button it appear the page I post in my previous post, but before, before of that page there was the page to set the birthday that now don't appear.

Last edited:
Well, start by disabling the spam mods one at a time till you find which one is causing the issue.

Great Ozzy yes you have reason was "Prevent Hostname or Useragent from Registering" mod that is causing this.

Do you know how I can fix it?

Personally I don't use or recommend "rename register." Your preference though.

Hi Max and thanks for your reply. :)
In the end I think that is a good idea to change the register.php because many spam softwares point or search that file.
So in this way these kind of software will not found the right file to open. ;)
Don't you think?
In the end I have installed it and now is working good.

Last edited:
Hi Max and thanks for your reply. :)
In the end I think that is a good idea to change the register.php because many spam softwares point or search that file.
So in this way these kind of software will not found the right file to open. ;)
Don't you think?
In the end I have installed it and now is working good.
Anything going directly to "register.php" is considered a spammer, by that Mod. That's okay, probably is. Probably.

But using the word "register" anywhere or in any way in your re-naming, tips the bots off to where your actual register form, is. Therefore defeating the purpose of the mod. They will find it if it has the word 'register' or any part of it, in your new names. In fact, they WILL eventually find it, anyway. If a human can find it, a bot can. And too eventually, they will stop going to 'register.php' as well.

I don't recommend it to people because it's fairly difficult to set up properly, it's not the simplest mod out there. I'm not knocking it, just personally don't recommend it especially to novice users, myself.

I like to keep shit simple.

This is the configuration (the default)
Now is disabled because don't work.

View attachment 517

PS: In the insert image panel of your forum is there the submit button hide from the white color and is not visible... sorry if I say you here but sure you want know this. ;) after you read this little message you can delete it ;) ...is not important that you say me thanks if no we go offtopic with thread and the message deleted (I just know you make it ;) or I hope.... :D I'm joking... ;)

This is the configuration (the default)
Now is disabled because don't work.

View attachment 517
No one's ever reported any kind of issue with this mod. Let's go back to your original error message:
HTML:
Warning: stristr(): Empty delimiter in ..../rrrrrrrregister.php(85) : eval()'d code on line 50
The User Agent or Hostname ban mod, doesn't do any template edits or any edits to your register.php page. Therefore I seriously doubt it is the mod causing this error, and the breaking of the page as you show in the associated image.

Great Max, yes in the end I have setted the mod like a fish :D
I have to change the name to the register file with another without the word inside... ;)
But I just was testing it.
In the end setting all the part of the plugin look that work good.... but I still can't say this for sure because you see... I'm here... :D

No one's ever reported any kind of issue with this mod. Let's go back to your original error message:
HTML:
Warning: stristr(): Empty delimiter in ..../rrrrrrrregister.php(85) : eval()'d code on line 50
The User Agent or Hostname ban mod, doesn't do any template edits or any edits to your register.php page. Therefore I seriously doubt it is the mod causing this error, and the breaking of the page as you show in the associated image.

In the end disabling this mod the error disappear.

Yes good idea I will go to ask the coder of the mod. ;)
Thanks for the tips. ;)

Back